Shiva Vishnu Temple | Maryland | USA,
Shiva Vishnu Temple,one of the well recognized temple in an around Washington DC Metropolitan , Maryland and Northern Virginia.
Sri Shiva Vishnu temple is located at 6905, Cipriano Rd, Lanham, MD 20706, Phone : 301-552-3335.
Though the name is Shiva Vishnu Temple, Temple consists of other idols such as Lord Venkateshwara, Rama, Ayyappa, Andal, Ganesh, Hanuman, Karthikeya, Parvathi, Durga, Lakshmi, Saraswathi, Navagrahas along with Shiva and Vishnu gods.
Sri Shiva Vishnu Temple is open to public all the 365 days it does have following timings:
- Weekdays 9:00 a.m to 1:00 p.m
- Weekdays 5:00 p.m to 9:00 p.m
- Weekends and Holidays 9:00 am to 9:00 pm
On Cipriano Rd, One Indian restaurant is located, here one would be able to buy all kinds of snacks and sweets. Snacks such as Idli, Rava Idli, Onion dosa, Masala Dosa, Idli, Bisi Belebath, Vada Sambhar, with Chetnies are available around $5 to $15. Indian Groceries: All kinds of Indian groceries are available at this place. All kinds of Sambhar powders, ready-made powders, Ready to cook Indian packets, New and old Indian Movie DVDs, Cassettes, Audio cassettes for rental as well as buying are available.
- Every day Shiva Vishnu Temple Opens with Suprabhaatam - 9:00 am
- Every day Abhishekam is done at 9:30 am
- Every day in the Evening Aarathi is done between 6:00 - 6:30 pm
Facilities: Auditorium for marriages and other social activities such as conducting competition for students in Bharatha Natyam, Yoga, Tabla, Quiz and many other gatherings. Auditorium is multi-purpose sound proof, which can be rented for religious,social and educational gatherings.Cafeteria – Canteen is available at the basement of temple. Even kitchen is available. During festival times, even volunteers are needed in cooking.
Working hours of Shiva Vishnu Cafeteria- Canteen.
- Every Friday 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Every Saturday & Sunday 11:00 am - 7:00 pm
Food or Prasadam: Prasadam will be distributed around the Canteen area. Even with nominal price within $5 one can even have Dosas, Idli- Sambhar –Chatney, Pongal Rice, Puliyogare, special curd rice. Proper seating and drinking water facility is available. After eating please make sure that clean that area and use the dustbins, which are placed around the corners. Though lots of volunteers are present around, use your presence of mind.
Devotees could make donations to the temple. Temple does have committee located at the corner of the first floor. Even for Volunteer work one can consult, committee volunteers.
Parking: Shiva Vishnu temple has limited parking place around the temple. If parking is not available one can park on the Streets of Cipriano Rd. Please do park your Vehicles properly.
How to get there?
- From I 495 (beltway) Take Baltimore Washington parkway towards Baltimore.
- From B-W (Baltimore Washington ) parkway take 193 East (Greenbelt Road). then drive approximately 1 to 1.5 miles on Route 193.
- Make right turn onto Cipriano Road and drive for 2-3 minutes one can see the Temple is on the left.
- Take I 495 (Beltway) to exit 22A (B-W Parkway towards Baltimore), bear to right ( be in the right lane) Exit immediately towards NASA Goddard Space Center and remain in Left Lane, make Left turn at Route 193 to Greenbelt Road.
- Then Drive approximately 1to 1.5 mile on Route 193 and Make right turn onto Cipriano Road and drive slowly for 2-3 minutes one can see the Temple is on the left.
Nearby Best Hotels
- Days Inn9025 Annapolis Road, Lanham, MD 20706 Phone: (301) 459-6600Toll-Free: (800) 325-2525
- Ramada Inn8500 Annapolis Road, New Carrolton, MD 20784 Phone: (301) 459-6700 Toll-Free: (800) 436-0614
- Holiday Inn 7200 Hanover Drive, Greenbelt, MD Phone: (301) 982-7000
- Best Western 5910 Princess Garden Parkway Lanham, MD 20706 Phone: (301) 459-1550
- Red Roof Inn 9050 Lanham Severn Road Lanham, MD 20706 Phone: (301) 731-8830